Now in its 72nd year the Grand Rapids Boat Show is the Boat Show with the longest-running tradition in Michigan—America’s Water Wonderland. The entire boating lifestyle is celebrated annually by boaters looking for their next new boat or those who just want to take in all of the aspects of life enjoying the water.
According to the Michigan Secretary of State, as of January 3, 2017, Michigan had 786,108 registered watercraft in the state. The economic impact of boating is also significant to the Great Lakes State, generating $7.4 billion annually (based on statistics from the National Marine Manufacturers Association).
What makes the Grand Rapids Boat Show, February 15-19, so special? We have at least 10 reasons:
1. All summer long you look at all of the other types of boats on the water and here is your chance to climb aboard and see: what is down below on those yachts, or the engines of that performance boat, or the luxury seating on today’s pontoons, or all the inventive storage and live wells on those bass boats, and the high-tech dashboards of today’s wakeboard boats.
Boat owners know that the best way to shop for their next new boat is at a show that brings all of the options to one place. Over 400 boats from over 80 manufacturers shown by 31 West Michigan boat dealers are brought for your inspection (and spread out over 5 acres of space, all within the warmth of DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids). Compare options aisle to aisle and talk to the factory reps to get the best comparison……and they are here to make the best deals and put you in a boat for springtime delivery.
2. Check out the incredible display brought in by the Water Wonderland Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society of America, one of the nation’s finest chapters. Marvel at the refurbished beauties from the 40s thru the 80s.
3. Meet the amazing athletes who compete around the world in various wakeboarding competitions. This year, we’re proud to welcome Ashley Kidd (Gull Lake Marine display); Trever Hansen (Moomba Boats) and JD Webb (Nautique Boats) (Premier Motorsports display); and Tony Carrol and Amber Wing (Tommy’s display).
4. Buy a Tube at the Tuber’s Truckload Sale. No store has the room to inflate and display every tube that HO Sports makes, but the Boat Show does. They promise to sell at the years’ lowest price, retail or on-line and Pay the freight to your house if you don’t want to carry it home. Everyone tubes…whether you have a jon boat with a 10hp or a Cruiser.
5. See Twiggy the Water Skiing Squirrel. World famous from Frankfort, Germany to Tokyo, Japan, Twiggy has performed and you can enjoy her daring ride daily in the Ballroom at the GR Boat Show.
6. Dine at the Key West Crab Shack just outside of the Ballroom. Excellent seafood from the chefs in the Amway Hotel kitchens. Grilled Mahi Mahi sandwiches, jambalaya, crab fritters, fish and chips, just for starters as you sit overlooking the Grand River and the Antique Boats.
7. Buy ski and wakeboard equipment and wetsuits at the pro shops brought in by our dealers of ski boats both in the meeting rooms off the Grand Gallery or in the Ballroom.
8. Shop for the best deals of the year on Dock and Boat Lift Systems. Meet the manufacturers of many different types of systems with diverse materials and take advantage of show specials that all offer.
9. Try scuba diving at the Great Lakes Dive Locker pool on the river overlook outside of the ballroom.
10. Check out the amazing 42 Fountain High Performance Boat on display by the West Michigan Offshore Boating Club, what does it feel like to be driven by 1100 horse power? Some lucky attendee will find out as they are holding a drawing to go for a ride next summer off Grand Haven.
WHAT: 72nd Annual Grand Rapids Boat Show
WHERE: DeVos Place in Downtown Grand Rapids. 303 Monroe St NE
WHEN: Wednesday, February 15 3:00pm – 9:00pm
Thursday, February 16 3:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday, February 17 11:00am – 9:00pm
Saturday, February 18 10:00am – 9:00pm
Sunday, February 19 11:00am – 5:00pm
PRICES: $10 adults, $4 children aged 6 to 14. Kids 5 and under are admitted free.
COUPON: Download a $2 off coupon.
PARKING: There is plenty of close by parking – beneath DeVos Place, across the street and connected by skywalk. Depending on your length of visit, the cost varies between $2 to $15. For more information, click here.
LODGING: Experience Grand Rapids | Kent County Hospitality Association | West Michigan Tourist | Pure Michigan
RETURNING FOR 2017 – STOP BY THE COAT CHECK BEFORE LEAVING THE SHOW TO RECEIVE A RE-ADMISSION WRIST BAND, WHICH GETS YOU BACK INTO THE SHOW – FOR NO EXTRA CHARGE – ALL WEEK/END LONG!
INFO: www.GRBoatShow.com | www.facebook.com/GRBoatShow | www.twitter.com/GRBoatShow (#GRBoatShow17)